Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Conquest ...

Still in my conquest to find the GREAT ROMANTIC lyrics by Tunde.
JB sent me the link to Lighthouse Family lyrics - very nice of you, Thank you...., can't find it there though! Help...help....
-------
Tunde - The Great Romantic

The voice and soul of the Lighthouse Family, Tunde Baiyewu finds a voice of his own with his gorgeous debut solo album, ‘Tunde’, out October 25th, featuring the captivating first single, ‘Great Romantic’ out October 4th.

This debut self-titled solo album is written by Tunde with further collaboration from Grant Lee Phillips (former frontman of Grant Lee Buffalo) and Floetry collaborator, Sebastian Rogers. The album is produced by Mike Peden who has worked extensively with the Lighthouse Family and was the man behind The Chimes.

Going solo with his own material has always been a dream for Tunde and the new album is undoubtedly the sound of an artist exploring new territory as both a vocalist and lyricist.

Says Tunde: “For me, it was all about the songs. They reflect a lot of the stuff I’ve been through over the past four years, plus my Nigerian heritage is in there too. The lyrics are very personal. I think I’m doing things with my voice now that people won’t have heard before; it’s more expressive. Playing safe would have been… too dangerous.”

Highlights range from the first single, ‘Great Romantic’, with its anthemic and infectious chorus to the groove and hook laden, ‘Shouldn’t Be Like This (according to fairness)’. ‘Letting Me Down Gently’, featuring Catherine Feeny, is a sensuous and affecting song and just one of many of the stand out tracks on the album. ‘Anaesthetic’ is a powerful and personal song about grief which showcases Tunde’s vocal range and power of expression to stunning effect. ‘Our History’ is a soulful gem, while, ‘Miles Ahead Of Me’, manages to be sensitive and enervating all at once. Tunde’s voice has never sounded so rich and strong and emotive as it does on this album. From up tempo tracks like, ‘Cover Me’, to more introspective numbers like, ‘Can’t Make The World Disappear’, ‘Tunde’ is a rare treat; an intelligent, passionate album packed with classic songs, delivered in Tunde’s own unmistakable style.
--------------

For the past few days, I've been busy arranging my ticket for next wednesday 20th Oct.
Jakarta-Singapore --> Garuda Indonesia Airline
Singapore - Dhaka --> Biman Air

Problems:
1. No Biman Air sales office in Jakarta.
2. Cash only - and it is cheaper by Sin$30, good price!
3. Ticket can only be issued by Biman sales office in the city.
4. No time to go into city and collect ticket.

Then a name came up in my head. I contacted this fellow, Ed, whom I have never met before but he helped me with ticket arragement for my boyfriend last April. Guess what? He said ok that he will pay for me first, collect the ticket and send it to airport! Unbelievable eh? There is stll a nice person in this world!